Friday, June 8, 2012

Week 9 Reflections

Reading about Learning Styles and Technology Connections has been very clarifying for me. I think we should take into consideration our students' learning styles when planning a lesson with technology in order to cater for diversity and facilitate their learning processes.

I believe this week discussion on Nicenet has activated my prior knowledge in reference to learning styles. It reminded me of Peter Skehan's dichotomies on the issue. 


My peers have been extremely helpful in my project draft by reviewing it and providing me with refreshing feedback. They have guided me in the project writing process. I had to rewrite and edit it. This week I feel I have made some significant progress! Finally, I have the final version written down and posted in Janine's wiki. 

I enjoyed incorporating technology in my classes and I can see students have benefited from this innovative change. They are more motivated and engaged in class while using one computer. They loved to create their own Power Point Interactive Templates and they used them when speaking publicly. They also loved to interact with native speakers by means of a Skype video call. 
Thank you so much!





4 comments:

  1. Dear Roxana
    Good Morning from India!

    This is the first time, I am commenting on your blog. But I followed your blog regularly. Mighty congrats on your balanced academic views.

    Now about Week 09.

    I agree with you on the fact that preparing the Project Report was a great learning experience. Your were more lucky that you got the inputs of your peers in it. But for me, Aida's peer-review was really enriching.

    About MI and LS, I must say that it is a new zone for me. It seems to be useful and enriching and I am going to try it out definitely to know more about my students Learning Styles.

    Rest is fine...

    So happy weekend.....

    With regards

    Shirish More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Roxana

    It was interesting reading your post.

    I really liked that your students are more motivated and involved in technology-integrated tasks, so your efforts, are, indeed appreciated. May be , you may think of some more ways of integrating technology and help them go ahead.

    Keep it up.

    Best,
    Mohini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Roxana,

    I agree with you that week 9 was very enlighting. I also thing we should provide a rich learning environment where students can find their best "confort zones" in learning anything. It was really enjoyable to have such a great partnership for our project reviewing process. We could learn from each other´s projects. After all of what we have learned in this course I find it difficult to keep our old methods of teaching. Actually, you say you are cropping the results from it when you see your students doing PP presentations; isn´t that great?
    I wish you the best of lucks in your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Shirish, Mohini and Julio,

    Thank you for your valuable comments! It's been great sharing this online course with you.
    I feel we have made so much progress and yet, there is so much more to learn! I hope we can keep in touch.

    Best regards,
    Roxana

    ReplyDelete